Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break and the Zoo

Last week was my spring break and I spent it at home with Braddock! We got out and saw some fun places, went to a LOT of parks to slide down the "whee"s and ride on the "yeehaw"s. Today I went to the zoo with my beautiful sister and her beautiful boy! So this post is extra heavy on the pictures .... enjoy!

Rolling the globe at the zoo




Do these next two remind anyone else of Matthew Schwab (my nephew)?



Lately he has the cheesiest smiles




This was taken at the Peccary exhibit. Peccaries are kind of like a hairy pig (Sorry, I didn't take a picture). One of the peccaries came right up to the fence and was literally wallowing in a mud puddle. It was kind of funny to watch until it stood up and shook off, splashing everyone nearby. Poor Ryan got the brunt of it, since his stroller pushed him right up to the front. This picture was taken right after Alyssa wiped all the peccary mud off his face.



Braddock's first carousel ride (and the first one that I can ever remember being on myself)





Who doesn't feel better after a new haircut?!



"Riding" his bike


Sliding down the "whee"!!


Playing in the teepee with Papa Doug


This miniature town was one of Braddock's favorite exhibits at the Wildlife Museum.


With Hannah and Nala at the wildlife museum

At the airport with Papa Doug, identifying every single wheel and wing out on the tarmac.

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Fun Pictures! We need to take Kien back to the zoo sometime. Did you know Kim's family is coming down to SLC in May? Maybe we should all go to the zoo!!!

Jensen Family said...

Hey great pictures! We sure had fun with you guys today! Good luck finishing up the semester!

löki gale said...

Those are some goregous baby blues!

Maria said...

I love all the pictures. You got some great one's at the zoo, I can't decide if I like his hair better short, or long! The cheesy smile ones remind me so much of Ben, and then the one's before do look so much like Matthew. He is such a handsome little boy. I like the picture with you two also. Love your hat. Hope all is well. Love, Maria

Jessica said...

what great pictures! we're going to take luke to the zoo next weekend. he loves animals. i love your beret, too--very cute!