Sunday, May 11, 2008

Finally

It's official ... 14 months after deciding to pursue a nursing career, I am a Nursing Student!! :) I was waiting to post this until I could take a picture in my uniform, but I finally just decided to go ahead and post without it because I have been SO BUSY!! This semester is 17 credits in 2 1/2 months. I am really trying to make my time at home be quality time with the family, so I squeeze in all my readings during nap time or after Braddock goes to bed. I am so excited to be doing this, and even though the program has just barely started, I love it already!!


On another note, we celebrated our anniversary on Friday. It was Luke's turn to plan, so it was a complete surprise to me. He got off work early, picked me up and took me to .... Deleon Day Spa in Lindon where we had a couples massage. I was a little nervous because I had never had a massage before, but I LOVED IT!!

There were candles, soft music, and even the aromatherapy of our choice (I am wicked crazy about mandarin). Not only did I feel amazing afterwards, I have slept so well ever since! Seriously, I have not slept this well my entire life!

After the massage we went to dinner at Zupa's (soup & salad/sandwich with chocolate-covered strawberries for dessert). I didn't know what to expect for this anniversary celebration since this is the first time that Luke has planned one, but he did a great job!

7 comments:

brandya said...

Happy Anniversary! Happy Birthday! Happy Mother's Day! Happy, Happy Everything! I love you so very much and wish you all the luck and love in the world with your endevours! Love ya!

Jessica said...

ditto brandya: happy everything! it sounds like you had a wonderful anniverary. our's is thursday and i would love it if dan would plan something like that! congrats on the nursing program, too!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrate that the same weekend! Hey, and that's awesome your doing nursing, hang in there!!!

Get Bent said...

Happy Anniversary. Ours is next month, I think I might just have to drop a hint. That sounds heavenly. Congrats on being accepted into Nursing School!
I don't think I could do school after having a kid. You are strong!

Ali said...

mmmmmmm Zupas!

Good luck with school Becca. You're amazing.

Happy Anniversary

Melissa and Allen said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a fun and relaxing day. Good luck with school. We still need to hang out and read books, k?

Nikki said...

Ooooh, what a romantic idea for anniversary, a couples massage! Kudos to Luke!!! Happy Everything, I didn't know it was your birthday, too! Thanks again for a fun night Saturday.