It has always been a goal of mine to run a marathon someday. Last year I decided I really wanted to run the NYC marathon. I looked into the details and decided I would try to get in it this year. I knew I wanted to have a baby first but I figured if I had at least 9 months between the time the baby was born and the time of the race, I would have enough time to train. I found this video on youtube and got goosebumps when I watched it. The only problem is, so many people want to get in it that they have to put your name in the 'lottery' to see if you get picked. There are over 35,ooo runners, but I think its something like only 1/3 of the applicants get accepted. A few months ago, the applications opened and I applied. Yesterday at noon EDT, the lottery was drawn and .... I GOT IN!! I am so excited and officially have started my training! It will be a huge challenge for me, but I know it is possible and I am really excited for it!
4 years ago



10 comments:
I wanna meet you in New York...I am not even kidding. The flights over are pretty decent. When will you be there?!?!
YAY!! That would be awesome! The race is on Nov. 7, but we will make a trip out of it. I'm not sure our exact dates yet, maybe a few days before the race and a few days after?
WOW!!! That's sounds so exciting! I hope all goes well as you prepare. How are your two boys?
I am SO stinkin proud of you girl! You're going to kick butt! I love you and appreciate your friendship so much. Thanks for the nice visit the other day. We need to get together more often. I have missed you!
I'm so excited for you! You will do great!!
how exciting!
That's awesome Becky!!! I'm so proud of you!
Hi Becca,
My sister sent some stuff to my mom to send to you but she doesn't have an address. Could you send me your address? Thanks.
Jill McGill
jillmcgill27@yahoo.com
Hi Becca-
What's your email address?
Mary Gedge
rmccarney@gmail.com
Post a Comment