Last time I tried to have a blog I felt like I failed miserably, which is why I ended up deleting it. However, seeing that "blog-stalking" my friends is part of my daily routine, I thought I would give my own blog another try. I won't promise that I will constantly update, or even be entertaining, but I will try to do better! So I will start with a couple of tags, one from a few days ago (thanks Nikki, for being the final prompting I needed to get back on here!) and one from months ago, which I received about the same time that I deleted this. Here we go ....
4 Jobs Ive had
Customer Service Agent for Bering Air
Sales Rep. for Clark Pest Control
Teacher at a Catholic Private School
CNA at a nursing home
4 Places I have lived
Nome, AK
Mtn. Grove, MO
Cuenca, Ecuador
Dallas, TX
4 people that email me regularly
Maria
Lorraine (the secretary from the U)
Carrie
Devrea
4 TV shows that I watch
The Newlyweds
Eli Stone
Biggest Loser
Bones
4 Things I look Forward to this year
Starting Nursing School
My birthday
Our 3 year anniversary
My sisters having their babies & then the whole family getting together!
4 Things I love to eat
Pineapple
Pumpkin muffins
Bajio quesadillas
toasted bagels
4 Places I have been
Providenyia, Russia
Philadelphia
New York City
Baltimore
4 Movies I love
August Rush
Singing in the Rain
Pride & Prejudice
While You Were Sleeping
Tag #2 (this one is for you, Heather!)
1) I am a reading freak. When I get into a reading mode, I dive into a book and forget about everything else (well, I still take care of Braddock, but that's about it). For example, I started "Gone With the Wind" (some 900 pages) on Monday and I will be done with it in the next few hours (and it will be the 5th book I have read in the last 5 days).
2) I grew up in Nome, Alaska and one of the things that I miss the most is the Iditarod!! I love the feeling of excitement that is in the air, and I love the fact that when the first musher comes in, even if it is 3 am everyone in town goes out into the pitch black, FREEZING cold and stands at the finish line to cheer them in! That is one of my most fond memories of growing up in Nome! The schools do i-dita-reads and the swimming pool does the idita-swim (both of which I participated in), and in school we would keep track of what mushers had checked into what checkpoints. I LOVE it! So exciting! (For more info on the Iditarod, go to http://www.iditarod.com/)
3) I love sports. When I was younger/in high school, I was on the basketball team, the cross-country team, ran track, played softball, played volleyball, was on the swim team, and even participated in the Native Youth Olympics one year. I was never a great athlete in anything, but I really enjoyed being active and competitive.
4) Although I grew up in Alaska for the first 15 years of my life, the last 10 I have lived in several places. Missouri, Idaho, California, Texas, Ecuador, Maryland, and Utah. I like change, but I do look forward to settling down someday. I don't think it will be in Utah, but as of yet I have no idea where we will end up.
5) I love to cook and try new recipes! Luke would say that I don't do it often enough ( refer to #1 for one of the reasons why I neglect my wifely duties), but it is something I enjoy doing!
6) I love to travel. Someday Luke & I will take a vacation somewhere sunny and tropical! I have never been to Hawaii, but really want to go! Luke's family name comes Ireland, and mine comes from Norway, so we also plan on doing a little family history research and then visiting each of those places!
I am not going to tag anybody because no one even knows that my blog exists yet!
4 years ago



5 comments:
Becca, I loved learning more about you! Thanks for playing in the tagging game.
Dang, where did you get that Easter Outfit!?! Sooooo cute. Exceptional boys clothes are hard to come by!
YEAH!!! I am soo excited that you hav joined the blogger world again! Whoo HOO! Now you need to tell me what those books were again. I forgot already!
Give Braddock hugs and kisses from Brynlee!
I will tag myself, how's that?
I love reading about all the friends and roomies I've lost touch with! Hey I just found you on Facebook so add me! ;)
Oh Becca, I can't even tell you, I was all smiles reading this because you're my buddy and it's so fun learning new things about you! :) I had not idea you were a teacher at a catholic school! I'm SO glad you're blogging now so we can keep in touch better!
Post a Comment